Thursday, December 4, 2008

School Happenings at North Coffee

I really thought I would miss coaching basketball this year but I have really surprised myself at being okay with it. We had our first pep rally today. Boy, did I forget how loud those things are!! Our boys and girls teams won their first game. Congrats!!!!

Of course, our entire student body, approximately 530 (Pre-K-5th grade) kiddos joined in on the fun. The Kindergarden students made their own pompoms. How cute!

I had said over the past couple of years, if God helped me find a university where I could complete my degree 100% on-line, then I would do it. Well, low and behold, I found NorthWestern University in Phoenix, AZ when I started searching. Then I said if God would help me find a way to finance it, I would do it. Well, of course, they offer student loans. So I finally said "Okay God, I get it." At the same time, I was reading Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. His book says that if God shows us a way we are to follow that way and if we don't, we are turning our back on God and saying no. Well, I knew then I was hooked. I am currently working on my Doctorate of Education with my emphasis on Teacher Leadership thru NorthWestern University in Phoenix, AZ on-line. I need all of those extra hours from practicing and ballgames to devote to my classes. I will have five classes completed in a few weeks. Lots of research but easier than I expected. Keep praying for me!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Edens said...

so proud of you for going back to school...keep up the good work, mel!

love you,
steph

Lana said...

Cute school pictures! I love the kindergardens pom-poms! Too cute!!